Wanaka Bowling Club

[99]Capture.PNG

Wanaka Bowling Club

The Wanaka Bowling Club was founded by James Faulks in 1926, who also donated the land, that was at the time a paddock for wagon horses. The first opening day was 25th. October 1926.

The present clubrooms were opened in 1980, and the indoor Stadium was opened in 1994. This enabled the club to have an all-year bowling programme. In 2008, because of difficulties in maintaining the quality of the grass green, it was decided to put down an artificial green. This was renewed in 2013. The Club continues to flourish, and currently has the largest membership of any club in Otago

Details

Updated 21/05/2018 12:27pm